07 January 2007


Well, it has been THREE years of wedded bliss! It is hard to fathom that three years has passed, already. Onna and I went up to Hendersonville, NC (near Asheville) where we honeymooned three years ago at The Kilarney House (a bed and breakfast). We had a lovely time together and were able to enjoy downtown Asheville and go to our favorite pub/pizzaria, Barley's Taproom.

While we were in Asheville, Onna and I had talked about the strong possibility of moving up to Asheville after Onna finishes her Midwife Apprenticeship and I finish Paramedic school. My school start date, however, has been delayed yet again. It was originally scheduled to start 4 Dec 06 and was bumped to 8 Jan 07 (tomorrow). Now, they do not know WHEN it will start, but estimate some time in March. The problem lies, I believe, in the paperwork needed to go through at Midlands Technical College. We are the first Paramedic class, here, taught by Midlands EMS but also receive college credit at Midlands Technical College. Though I would love nothing more than to start Paramedic school, I will more appreciate having 36 credits paid for, and applicable toward a degree.

Though we know we cannot make a move until we are finished with our schooling, Onna and I are looking at land on which we can build our hay-bail house. We are thrilled at the possibility of owning a few acres in the mountains, but are intimidated at the reality of finances, etc. We will go where the Lord leads, but we will plan on the possibility of moving to Asheville within the next few years.

No comments: